Home  ➥  Bellevue Housing Agency  ➥  Waiting List  ➥  Current Waiting List

Once a year we send out an update letter to make sure you still need assistance and to verify information. If this is not returned by the due date, you will be removed from the list. If any letters we send you are returned undeliverable we will remove you from the list.

 Where am I on the list?

If you’d like to know your current number – email admin@sarpyhousing.org or call our office at 402-734-5448.  We are unable to predict how long it will be until we get to your number.   When it is your turn to receive a voucher, we will send you a letter to schedule a briefing.

Why does my number change?

Applicants on the waiting list are sorted by preference points and then by time the application was received. Over time applicants can gain or lose preference points so numbers will change.

What is a preference point?

Our preferences points are:

  • Live in Sarpy County
  • Work 25 or more hours a week
  • Disabled Status
  • Elderly (62+)
  • Veteran
  • Homeless
  • Taken Rentwise Class
  • Displaced by Federal or State recognized disaster

Preference points help to determine your place on the waiting list.  If you believe you should have additional preference points, please submit a change form and provide proof that a preference applies to you.

My information has changed.  How do I update it?

If your information changes while you are on the waiting list, please submit a change form to make sure we have the most updated contact information. The change form can be found on our forms page. We cannot accept changes over the phone. In order to process your change you will need to submit a signed copy of the change form to our office.

What happens at a briefing?

During the briefing, you will be informed of how the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) system works, the rules that you must follow to keep your voucher, and other important information about the HCV program.

What do I bring to my briefing?

When we send you a letter for your briefing you will receive a list of papers to bring with you. That list will include the following documents:

  • Birth certificate and Social Security cards for all household members
  • Photo ID for all members over 18
  • Full month bank statements for all bank accounts for all household members
  • 6 weeks worth of pay stubs for all employed household members
  • Self-employment ledger for self-employed household members
  • Benefit letter for any household members receiving Social Security payments
  • Benefit letter for SNAP, ADC, and/or TANF
  • Child care statement showing what you pay
  • Whole Life Insurance policy year end statement
  • IRA/Mutual funds statement of earnings
  • Retirement/Pension monthly statement
  • Current tax return if you file

If you are elderly or disabled you will also need to bring:

  • A 12 month pharmacy printout with your out of pocket cost
  • Paid receipts for any medical bills and/or medical supplies

Quick Links