The Housing Foundation for Sarpy County provides residents of the Bellevue Housing Authority support and educational services needed to obtain economic self sufficiency. It was originally established in 1995 as the Bellevue Housing Authority Foundation. In 2007 it was revitalized after a five year hiatus, and is now known as the Housing Foundation for Sarpy County.
The Foundation provides mentoring, peer group support, counseling and monthly educational programs to help participants achieve their goals.
Over the years, residents have seen success including acceptance into college and graduation, better jobs and increased income. Some residents have been able to leave public housing permanently after reaching educational and employment goals. In 2010, the Foundation Board of Directors increased efforts to assist residents achieve self sufficiency through: improving client education classes, inaugurating new programs, developing new community partnerships, and planning to increase availability of low income housing units.
There is much to learn and much to be accomplished. Stay tuned and share our successes. You are welcome to join our efforts.
Bellevue Housing Authority provides Rental Assistance to residents of Sarpy County through Three Programs; Public Housing, Housing Choice Vouchers (Section 8), and Affordable Housing.
Unfortunately, the waiting lists for Section 8 and Public Housing are currently closed.
If you'd like to be notified when the waiting lists are open, please sign up for our mailing list on the Contact Us page.
To provide opportunities for improved quality of life and self-sufficiency for families assisted by the Bellevue Housing Agency through increasing exposure to community resources and expanding the housing options available in Sarpy County, NE.
We have strong partnerships with many community businesses and organizations. Please support our Community Partners.
Thrive in Five
This is our Cornerstone program. We are working with families to build their self-sufficiency. See what we are doing HERE.
We are excited to tell you about a unique upcoming community event.
The third annual Power of the Purse will be in February 2017. Please join us! MORE INFORMATION
Goals of Housing Foundation for Sarpy County
1. To recruit community partners to enhance and expand available services to the clients of Bellevue Housing Authority (BHA).
2. To assist the Bellevue Housing Agency (BHA) in promoting a positive image to its participants and the community at large.
3. To promote and advance decent, safe and sanitary affordable housing within Sarpy County.
4. To assist BHA in the promotion, management and administration of home ownership programs for persons of low income, elderly, or handicapped persons of low income.
5. To accept contributions, grants or other financial assistance from government agencies, public and private foundations and individuals in aid of any of the foregoing purposes or related environmental and similar problems of persons of low income, elderly or handicapped persons of low income, and to those ends, to comply with such conditions and to enter into such contracts, covenants, leases or agreements as may be necessary, convenient or desirable to secure said financial aid or cooperation.
6. To assist the BHA in establishing a plan for sustainability.
7. To establish advisory groups for projects as needed.
8. To utilize the knowledge, talents and gifts within each family that comprises the BHA to help them create a self sustaining community.
Foundation Receives Grant to pay for Kicks for Kids 2016
In late July, the Foundation distributes $30 shoe vouchers to over 175 kids. This wouldn't be possible without the help of our donors.
Midlands Community Foundation Grant
Thank you to Midlands Community Foundation for a $4000 grant to fund the shoe program
Our partnership with Bellevue Shopko and a grant from Shopko Foundation allowed for the purchase of name brand shoes from the Bellevue Shopko store. Thank you Tim for making this happen.
Our Golf Outing and Power of the Purse attendees and sponsors
Without this group of amazing community supporters, we wouldn't be able to reach as many families as we do.